The Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation (GPFE) The Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation (GPFE) was launched on 25th November 2015 at the Parliament of Nepal. This was a result of
The Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation (GPFE)
The Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation (GPFE) was launched on 25th November 2015 at the Parliament of Nepal. This was a result of rapidly growing interest in the use of evaluation in governance. Launching of the Global Evaluation Agenda 2016 – 2020 at this event was a notable milestone and an achievement. In addition, International Year of Evaluation 2015, supported by EvalPartners was also celebrated at the Global Evaluation Forum 2015.
The Parliamentarians Global Event 2018
The Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation together with Sri Lanka Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation will host a three-day event from 17th to 19th of September 2018 in Sri Lanka. The objective of the Forum is to facilitate a dialogue on the growth of the parliamentary movement and greater use of evaluation and evidence based decision making within legislature.
Since we are a global family of nations moving to the next era of global development driven by a vision of ending poverty, protecting the planet, and ensuring prosperity for all and other key SDG concepts we need stronger M&E frameworks to reach our vision and our goals.
Alongside parliamentarians across the globe Committed to evaluation, evaluation experts, other international delegates and renowned speakers, will ensure a rich discussion on developing stronger monitoring and evaluation frameworks, evidenced based decision making and accountability in the government.
How to Join the Event
We invite all parliamentarians worldwide to join the event to share your valuable ideas and experience to promote evaluation culture. We would like to request development partners, VOPEs, and other partners to inform, encourage and support your parliamentarians to join this event.
For more information please email: email@example.com
Key Objectives of the Event
- Raise awareness at a global level amongst parliamentarians and other key stakeholders of the benefits of using evaluation for strategic decision-making on development policies and programmes.
- Promote Dialogue between parliamentarians government, evaluation practitioners, and civil society to pave the way for more conducive environments for development evaluation.
- Share success stories that demonstrate how evaluation has been used within parliaments for constructive oversight and decision making on pressing development challenges.
- Deliver capacity building training to parliamentarians themselves so that they can better demand and use evaluation.
- Learn more about the diverse range of political contexts in which parliamentarians operate worldwide and how they might be supported to make greater use of evidence.
- Explore how best the Global Parliamentarians Forum on Evaluation can relate to, and support the growing number of regional networks of parliamentarians that are committed to using evaluation evidence as an integral part of their decision-making.
17 (Monday) 01:00 - 19 (Wednesday) 01:00