Since its constitution, IDEAS has organised or been involved in a number of international conferences and workshops. Our regular meetings – an Annual Assembly, a Biennial Conference and our Global Assemblies – are held around the world and provide members an opportunity to meet and engage in lively exchanges of ideas and experiences.
Our Biennial Conferences and Global Assemblies focus on specific relevant themes. These themes have included evaluating sustainable development, evaluation and inequality, evaluation in turbulent times, evaluation capacity building and evaluation for development. The documents of each Conference are available for downloading.
Evaluation and Inequality: Moving Beyond the Discussion of Poverty.
- Identify new responses in methods, processes, and outcomes shaping the practice of development evaluation;
- Share innovative experiences in evaluation methods among practitioners, users, and beneficiaries of development evaluation;
- Examine new forms of partnerships and capacities needed to rethink, reshape, and reform development evaluation.
The book Poverty, Inequality, and Evaluation: Changing Perspectives, organized by Ray Rist, Frederic Martin and Ana Maria Fernandez, published by the World Bank, gathers works presented at the 2013 Biennial Conference and Global Assembly.
Getting to Results: Evaluation Capacity Building and Development.
1. Clarifying present knowledge on evaluation capacity building;
2. Learning lessons from development evaluation experience;
3. Understanding the challenges faced by development evaluators in taking these efforts forward.
The book Influencing Change: Building Evaluation Capacity to Strengthen Governance, organized by Ray Rist,Marie-Helene Boily and Frederic Martin, was published by the World Bank, gathering works presented at the 2009 Biennial Conference and Global Assembly.