Since its constitution, IDEAS has held, or has been involved in a number of conferences and workshops. It organizes regularly an Annual Assembly, and a Biennial Conference and Global Assembly, gathering its members in lively exchange of ideas and experiences. These Biennial Conferences and Global Assemblies have happened in different countries, under different themes. The production of each Conference is available for downloading.
Evaluation and Inequality: Moving Beyond the Discussion of Poverty.
- Identify new responses in methods, processes, and outcomes shaping the practice of development evaluation;
- Share innovative experiences in evaluation methods among practitioners, users, and beneficiaries of development evaluation;
- Examine new forms of partnerships and capacities needed to rethink, reshape, and reform development evaluation.
The book Poverty, Inequality, and Evaluation: Changing Perspectives, organized by Ray Rist, Frederic Martin and Ana Maria Fernandez, published by the World Bank, gathers works presented at the 2013 Biennial Conference and Global Assembly.
Getting to Results: Evaluation Capacity Building and Development.
1. Clarifying present knowledge on evaluation capacity building;
2. Learning lessons from development evaluation experience;
3. Understanding the challenges faced by development evaluators in taking these efforts forward.
The book Influencing Change: Building Evaluation Capacity to Strengthen Governance, organized by Ray Rist,Marie-Helene Boily and Frederic Martin, was published by the World Bank, gathering works presented at the 2009 Biennial Conference and Global Assembly.