Visit the conference website
Conference and workshop
- When will I hear if my proposal has been accepted?
- The deadline of submission of proposals is 9th September. The Academic Committee will review the submissions and revert at the end of September/ early October.
- NOTE: We received many more abstracts than anticipated and the devastating earthquake that hit Mexico recently meant that the review of proposals has been delayed. We apologise for this and those who submitted abstracts should hear back within the first two weeks of October.
- I submitted a proposal and requested sponsorship. When will I hear the outcome of my request?
- Decisions on sponsorship will be announced at the same time as the outcomes of the proposals.
- What if I indicated an intention to apply for the IOCE/EvalPartners Mobility Program, (deadline 20th September)?
- In this case, your proposal will be reviewed and the result will be communicated by mid-September, allowing you the possibility to apply for IOCE/EvalPartners sponsorship.
- I have not submit a proposal but would like to request sponsorship, how can I do this?
- You may request sponsorship when registering for the conference (see below). Priority for sponsorship will be given to those who have submit a proposal. Outcomes of sponsorship requests will be announced at the beginning October.
- Will all who asked for sponsorship receive it?
- Support from donors of sponsorships for participants of IDEAS events has changed over time and followed the general trend of cuts of aid budgets. Donors are also increasingly interested in sponsoring specific activities on themes of importance to them. As such, there is limited funding available. We, therefore, encourage you all to seek funding from within your own organizations or contacts.
- Where can I access documents?
- An overview of the draft programme of the Joint Conference, agenda of the pre-conference workshops, workshop descriptions and list of workshop facilitators is available in the IDEAS Document Library and the conference website. Other documents will be made available (in both locations) as they come available.
- How do I register?
- Registration is a two-step process. IDEAS members must first register through the conference website. Once your registration has been verified, you will receive an email with a confirmation number and then be invited to go the payment page in the IDEAS website to pay the registration fee. Once we have received payment, you will receive an email confirming your registration. The email will contain a QPR code which will be your “passport” to enter the conference.
- How much are the registration fees?
- Conference only:
- Members of the organizing institutions – Mexican Pesos 4,320/ USD240
- General public – Mexican Pesos 6,300/ USD350
- Workshops only (one fee for 1 or 2 workshops) – Mexican Pesos 2,700/ USD150
- Workshops and Conference:
- Members of the organizing institutions – Mexican Pesos 7,020/ USD390
- General public – Mexican Pesos 9,000/ USD500
- Conference only:
- When registering, I got the error message “Hubo un error, Favor de reportar el error al administrador del sitio”. What does it mean?
- It means “There was an error. Please contact the website administrator”. IDEAS members should email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for assistance.
- What is the venue address?
- The conference will be held at the University of Guanajuato, Calle Pedro Lascurain de Retana 5. The main entrance of the University is well known for its splendid stairs. If you require information on access for people with disabilities, please contact us.
- Where can I find a list of hotels?
- A list of hotels with special rates for conference participants is available in the logistics folder in the “2017 GA papers” folder in the IDEAS Document Library. It can also be downloaded from the conference website. Guanajuato is a small town, and the University is in the city centre. All hotels located at the city centre (Zona Centro) will be within a pleasant walking distance to the conference venue.
- Where can I find information on traveling to and around Guanajuato?
- A short (downloadable) overview can be found in the logistics folder in the “2017 GA papers” folder in the IDEAS Document Library.